- 1) d) Albert Einstein
- 2) e) they are equally weighted
- 3) e) all the answers
- 4) c) Leonardo da Vinci. Leonardo da Vinci not only had a well-developed wave theory of light but also was known for a version of Newton's first law before Newton had one. Leonardo da Vinci could easily be termed an early physicist.
- 5) c) 1:1. Any industry which
manufactures a product will have engineers.
- 6) a) Engineers. At 1760 thousand
strong, engineers have a comfortable margin. (Physicians=577, Lawyers=681, and Psychologists=166 thousand)
7) e) all of the answers
- 8) d) physicist. Franklin was well
known in Europe for his work on electricity.
- 9) d) all of the answers
- 10) a) Newton. Physics was the
only branch of science to have anyone mentioned as a person
of the century.